Friday, June 12, 2009

Flickr Friday


On Fridays, sometimes I like to scour through the Flickr Explore pages in hopes of finding new artists to adore and new contacts to add to my list. I LOVE finding talented people in the pages of the internet. I know it sounds corny but this moniter is like a little magic box, bringing new meaning to photography everyday. I love how people can photograph ordinary objects and glorify them in a whole new way. They can actually make something so mundane, like a roof or a doorknob, look like a masterpiece.

For today's Flickr Friday, I am spotlighting one of my own contacts. I have been following him for a while now and I love how his work makes me take a second look at things. It's artists like dbthayer that make me look at an old building or a broken window and think, "THAT would make a cool shot!"

Here are a few shots that caught my eye today.

Check out more of his work here.

No comments: