Sunday, November 20, 2011

Naked

After opening up a bit and sharing our tough news with you all, I have been overwhelmed with the texts, emails, sweet phones calls, hugs and prayers from you all. First of all, thank you for lifting up my sister in law, Nicole. She is doing great and is taking the advice of her doctor by taking it easy. She, Craig and Landon are down in Minden with me this weekend so she has plenty of hands to help her out.

I have been hesitant to share much more on this blog than news of our dogs, cats, our recent travels, or what event we attended recently, etc.. Rarely do I open my heart and share my fears, worries or health concerns. I have never really thought of myself as a private person in the past but in today's social media crazed world, a private thought or word is almost hard to come by. I think many people put way too much on Facebook and twitter exposing themselves too deeply. I have never wanted to be one of those people. My last post I put my toe in the water a little and opened up a bit. I felt vulnerable. Today at church many people came up today and told me they were praying for me because they read my blog post. I felt naked. I felt exposed. I wanted to run and hide and go put some clothes on! (Don't worry. I actually did have clothes on in church.)

So, did I learn anything from opening up? I guess I learned that a whole lot more people read my blog than I thought. ha. But the main thing I've learned is that it's okay to be vulnerable. It's okay to share yourself with others. You might just find out something about yourself in the process. You might also learn that there are a lot of people going through the exact same thing as you are. Let's help each other out and go through this life together because goodness knows we can't do it alone.

And because I miss my baby Conner so much... here's something to make you smile. Thank you for your love and support, friends.

No comments: