Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Ghosts of Howl-oweens past

As of now, my husband and I don't have kiddos so all of our love and affection goes straight to our crazy zoo: 2 dogs and 2 cats. We pamper them, give them daily treats, let them sleep in our bed, bathe them, take them on "adventures" (as we call it), celebrate their birthday and yes, even dress them up. Many people think we are absolutely insane. A lot of people think dogs are just dogs and they should sleep outside. We disagree! Our dogs (and our cats) are very much a part of our lives. Dogs are a part of our Buie pack and we wouldn't have it any other way.


Halloween is one of my husband's favorite holidays. He loves all things spooky. We have quite the collection of scary movies and books. I always say he is like this because his family owned a couple of funeral homes when he was growing up. B is very much used to death, dying and "the other side." He LOVES paranormal things too like ghosts, spirits, angels & demons. His fascination with creepiness (as I call it) can't be ignored in this household, especially in the month of October. This is the one month he wants me to watch movies with him...and Halloween is his excuse. So I oblige him all the while with a blanket covering my eyes. ;)

Not only do we watch scary movies for Halloween but we LOVE to dress up our doggies in costume. It started the first year we got Conner. He was about 10 months old and we got him in the Fall. He was always cold and would shiver so I found a couple of sweaters and jackets at Petsmart to help him stay warm... and as B says, it all went downhill from there.  This blue jacket was one of the first outfits I bought for Conner. It kept him warm and dry all winter long. He outgrew this jacket long ago but I still love this pic of him. He was so little!
What started out as finding something to keep him warm quickly turned into finding the cutest outfit for little C. Cute outfits then turned to Holiday outfits for Halloween & Christmas. Conner's first Halloween he was a bumble bee. By far, this is a favorite picture of Conner in costume. He did NOT love the hat at all. 


Over the past few years, I have had fun finding different costumes for Conner & Scooter. They have been a bumblebee, a devil, a criminal, a sheriff, a skeleton, a mailman (I couldn't find my pic of the mailman costume for some reason). I know I might be crazy to some people but this gives me great satisfaction to see my babies all dressed up. Even the dogs don't mind it (I give them LOTS of treats). 


So thanks for bearing with me as I share with you my kiddos. I know so many bloggers share their babies and their children growing up. Hopefully one day I can do the same...but until then, enjoy some doggies pics because you know they are adorable! Even if you're not big dog fan, how can you resist this face??
Stay tuned for this year's Halloween outfits. There were too many pictures to include in this post. 

No comments: