Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June 1st

I can not believe it's June 1st. Summer is here, although *officially* I don't think it's until the 21st or so, but it is summer in my heart. So happy Summer to you, my friends! So many things have been going on in our lives in the past few weeks, both good and not so good.



Despite having several autoimmune diseases, I rarely get SICK sick - like I can't get off the couch sick, other than the occasional migraine and weather related fibro flare. The past couple weeks I have been fighting off a sinus & ear infection. No fun whatsoever! I always try to get over illnesses in the most natural way possible. I drank hot tea with honey & lemon. I gargled salt water. I took echinacea & vitamin C like they were candy. After 10 days of misery I broke down and called my doctor in Little Rock. Of course, he was out of the country for the whole month! (must be nice, huh) So I used my "Around Me" app on my iPhone & called the first doc that sounded legit. Lucky for me, my new dr is only 3 miles from my house. Unfortunately for my dr in Little Rock, he lost a patient. I mean, why drive 20 miles when I found a primary care doctor 3 miles from my house? After finding out I had a sinus infection and ear infection too, the new doc loaded me up with antibiotics and steroids. I only take antibiotics when I absolutely HAVE to, but after 10 days of lying on the couch I would have taken a shot of opium probably. Also I found out the hard way that steroids apparently can make fibromyalgia symptoms worse.


So I'm feeling much better and thank goodness! Just in time for Memorial Day weekend this past weekend. We had the most lovely time with our friends. I'll save this for another post though.


I'm still trying to balance life while working at home. It's hard to have a set schedule for work when everyday is different. Before I knew what my schedule would be everyday: 8 am-5 pm: work at the office, 5:30 pm: come home & play with the dogs, 6:30 or so: eat supper, hang out with Buie if he wasn't working late, go to bed and do it all over again. Now I pretty much have a different schedule everyday, so it makes it hard to juggle house work, dog work (not that they are really much work), photography work and time with my husband. As much time as I have now, I still feel like there's never enough time. I have so many projects that are on my to do list - I'm not sure I'll ever get to them...


But for now, I will just enjoy the beginning of SUMMER!


I hope everyone is having a great week! And here's to the most boring and random post ever! ha!

No comments: