Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cheesy Bake Pasta

I found this recipe on Pinterest and immediately I had to try it! So let me clarify, this is not MY recipe but I did come up with the name "Cheesy Bake Pasta" because well, frankly it's better than the name it did have. I made this recipe tonight and we both loved it! So here is the yummy cheesy bake pasta! If you try it out, let me know how you like it!

ingredients:

2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed

2-14 oz. cans diced Italian plum tomatoes

1 tsp. dried oregano

S&P

1 lb. pasta (tubes)

8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed

2/3 c. parmesan


Directions:
Heat oil in skillet. Add garlic and cook over medium high heat, 1 min. Add tomatoes and oregano and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally until thickened, 15 min. Add S&P. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Toss pasta with sauce.Place half of pasta in an oiled 9×13” dish. Cover with half parmesan and half mozzarella. Top with remaining pasta, then parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.


* I used gluten free pasta for mine (obviously) and I didn't have enough of the tube pasta so I threw some gf shells in there. I'm pretty crafty like that! I also used some spinach in mine. It gave it a little extra color and maybe a few extra vitamins. :) Enjoy!

No comments: