So why move to Louisiana you ask? Well, there are so many reasons that are obvious to those who know us well but some reasons might not be so obvious.
1. We felt this is where we needed to be. The most important reason for moving to Louisiana is that we both have a peace about it. We have prayed about this decision and feel that God has His hand on this move and has good things in store for us.
2. We needed a change. This is vague and specific all in the same statement. Simply stated, Buie and I both felt like we needed a change in life. Arkansas will always be considered a part of us but it was time to move on. We plan to keep in touch with our best friends who still live in Arkansas and will never forget the good times we had there. Arkansas was good to us but we are looking forward to a change of scenery.
3. We have a close family network in Louisiana. I am from Louisiana and growing up my brothers were two of my best friends. I hardly remember fighting with either one of them. In fact the two fights I had with them I remember so vividly because they were literally the only two I had. I love them and their wives just as much today. My brothers, my sisters-in-laws and our nieces and nephews will only be about 5 minutes away from us now! My parents will be about 45 minutes away instead of 3.5 hours. And Buie's parent's are still only about 2 hours away from us. Family is so important to us, it was crucial to us that we all live close and stay connected. We want our children to be close like I am with my brothers.
4. Our doctor is in Ruston. I have mentioned on here our desire to have children. We have an excellent doctor at Season Wellness Clinic here in Ruston who specializes in hormone replacement therapy. Now our appointment drive time will be about 10 to 12 minutes instead of 4 hours. Also, we can see Dr. Goodyear more often which means hopefully we can have a baby sooner! (fingers crossed) :)
5. Buie is going back to school! Yay! We are really excited about this change. My husband is so talented is so many areas but if you have ever talked with him for more than 5 minutes you know that he is especially intellectual. I call him my genius and that is no exaggeration. Buie is going to attend LA Tech this summer (most likely) and finish pursuing his Masters Degree in History. I'm so proud of him!
6. I am going to continue pursuing my photography and what better place to do that than in your home state where people know and love you! So if you need your picture taken, shoot me an email. www.carabethstudio.com
7. We fell in love with this house. Over the next few weeks and months and let's be honest, probably years, you will probably get sick of seeing and hearing about this house. But it is and has become my latest DIY project. It is a gorgeous cottage nestled deep in the woods just outside of the city limits of Ruston. It's so eerily quiet and dark at night but I love it. It's so peaceful. It's so perfect.
We are home.