Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day:: The Gift of Good Health

One of my goals for this year is to take more personal pictures with my good camera and not just with my iPhone. I always have my iPhone readily available so it's easy just to snap, give it a quick little edit in Instagram and bam it's done. It takes a little more effort to pull out my big guns, set the manual mode, download to my computer and give it an edit if it needs it. But as a photographer, I know this will only help me in my trade.

Today is the day everyone celebrates LOVE! The Buies don't go all out for this holiday with candy, flowers, stuffed animals, etc. It's a little too commercialized for my taste so this year we decided we would purchase something for ourselves for V-day instead of giving each other typical Valentine's gifts. We purchased a Hurom slow juicer and are super excited about it! To me, we are giving each other the best Valentine's Day gift: the gift of good health! I plan to blog a lot more about juicing and our experience with it, including recipes we love. Tonight we made a green lemonade using cucumbers and lemons and it was surprisingly tasty! :)

I usually give our fur babies something small for V-day just to remind them how much they are loved. Being in a new town we are just now discovering local shops and places to find gifts and things for our boys. Today while we were running errands around town we discovered a cute little store that carries one of my favorite lines for doggies: Harry Barker. Have you heard of them? They make adorable dog products that we just love. They are a bit on the pricey side but are very good quality products. I picked up these two stuffed bones today. They have squeakers in them which make them the perfect toy for my two boys. 





After strolling around downtown Ruston, buying goodies for our kiddos, Buie & I went to the grocery store and stock up on veggies and fruits for our new juicer. A bag of chocolates just happened to hop in my cart so of course, we had to make chocolate covered strawberries to celebrate this day of LOVE.

Overall, it was a great day: juicer, dog toys, chocolate covered strawberries, spending the day with my favorite Valentine! Hope y'all had a great Valentine's Day!



No comments: