Monday, November 29, 2010

the big game!

Well, the big game has come and gone and in case you don't know, LSU lost the Battle of the Boot, but that doesn't mean I'm not posting about the game! Despite the score at the end of the 4th quarter, the LSU/ARK game was so fun! I actually wasn't planning on going at all. In fact, I avoid crowds. At one point in my life, I seriously thought I had like social phobia or something. I would get overwhelmed and claustrophobic. But that seems to have passed thankfully. I still don't enjoy large crowds so I just thought I would watch this game at home. B had to work until 4 on Saturday so I knew he wouldn't be able to go to the game. We DVR most big games and watch them later together. It's kind of our thing during football season - it's our date night. :)


However, this year my cousin, Lindsey, and my brother, Craig, were planning on attending the game and came by and picked me up. I'm so glad they did. We didn't have tickets but Lindsey was sure we would find some at the game... and we sure did for a great price! I brought my good camera and took about 250 pictures and loved every minute of it! I was thinking the whole time how cool it would be to be a sports photographer. In high school I was yearbook and newspaper photographer and would often take pictures of the football and basketball games, but that is my only experience. Wonder how I get into taking pictures for games like this? Anyway, a girl can dream right? ;)
We tailgated with my best friends and even met up with some old friends too. Lindsay & John David went to elementary school with Craig & I, so we had to get a sibling pic. :)

I sat behind this guy the entire game. Suprisingly I actually liked his hat but purely for the creativity that went into making it.

I also sat behind this guy who again I must give credit where credit is due. Those are some nice pants. Wonder if they make some in purple and gold...
Like I said I had a blast taking pictures! Also, I discovered that if you have a zoom lens then you don't need binoculars. :) But we didn't need binoculars anyway because we managed to score 4th row tickets!

My brother and I got tickets together on the 4th row but my cousin, Lindsey, found a ticket at face value in a separate secion from us. We were texting each other and when he told us what section he was in, we looked over and spotted him immediately. He stood out like a sore thumb in the sea of red!


But after the half the people next to us left their seats so Lindsey came to sit with us. By the 4th quarter, Lindsey had pretty much given up on LSU. He is the biggest LSU fan I know and he was actually calling the Hogs! ha! We made friends with the people around us and they LOVED seeing the LSU fans call the Hogs. (I would like to state for the record that I, in NO WAY, called any Hogs... However, I might have danced a little to the band music.)
The Battle of the Boot trophey. I hear that thing weighs like 150 pounds or something crazy like that! Congrats to the Hogs!
and the LSU fans were still smiling, believe it or not. Despite the outcome, we had a blast!
Maybe next year I'll finally see a game at Death Valley in Baton Rouge...

No comments: