Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Giving Thanks.

This Thursday we will gather with family and friends to eat an enormous amounts of food, watch football, take a nap on the couch, get up eat some left overs and watch some more football. Sound familiar to anyone? This is what we do at our house and I love it. I also love the time spent with family... and I LOVE when my parents and grandparents get in the story telling mood. :) This Thanksgiving I hope for you it is more than eating, football and the ever popular losening the belt move while settling in on the couch. I hope that you really take time to think about the things you are thankful for. I know, personally, I don't stop and just thank God enough. Well, now is the time.
  • I am thankful first of all for my parents because they have taught me about integrity.

  • I am thankful for my husband who has taught me about patience. He is the most patient man I have ever met.

  • I am thankful for my siblings who were my best friends while growing up and are still two of my most favorite people in the world! We are proof that not all siblings fight!

  • I'm thankful they married amazing women of God to keep them straight, too. :) I love my sister-in-laws.
  • I am so thankful that God blessed me with wonderful inlaws. I often hear horror stories of mother in laws and daughter in laws and I just thank God that I get along so well with Buie's parents. They are a blessing in my life. :)

  • Next, I'm thankful for my friends (and you know who you are)... the ones who can tell stories about me that would make me shudder...but yet they still love me. ;)

  • I'm thankful for my animals because they make me insane (like when they chew up the brand new outdoor cushions) yet they fill my heart with so much love!

  • I'm thankful for a group of people to worship with. These people have taught me much about myself and about others in the past year.

So this Thanksgiving instead of gorging yourself and falling asleep from tryptophan overload, ask your grandparents THEIR favorite Thanksgiving memory or perhaps go around the table and ask everyone what they are most thankful for. You may get to know your family even more than you already do! :) Perhaps this will open up a whole afternoon of stories. This may just become one of YOUR favorite Thanksgivings. I hope you have a wonderful week and I'll be back later on this week to talk about the big game! Geaux Tigers!

No comments: