Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving back

Over the past year, I have been able to witness a group of beautiful people grow into a body of Christ, a church. One day I will tell you more about this church but for now I will just tell you about the people of which this church is made. They have challenged me, confused me, pushed me but most of all, loved me. They are some of the most giving people I have ever met. Just when I think I have given plenty, they show me how much more I can give.

This past Friday, B & I met these people under the Broadway bridge to give back to the community. Society is harsh in so many ways, including how it treats its homeless. These people have committed to dedicate one Friday a month to prepare a good home-cooked meal for the homeless of Little Rock. I was blessed this past Friday to be a part of this. Together with these people, we brought ham, dressing, green beans, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, cornbread and enough desserts to feed an army. I don't know who was more blessed, the homeless or us. Either way it was a beautiful thing to experience. (to protect their privacy, I did not include any pictures of those that we were serving). Enjoy these pictures of some of the wonderful people of Eikon Church, including my lovely husband below. ;)

No comments: