- Be satisfied with that you have.
- Do more with what you have.
- Improve your life without buying anything more than what is necessary.
- Increase your awareness of those in need around you.
- Be responsible with the things you no longer need.
- Simply use less & give more. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
- Do not be defined by your "stuff."
- Base happiness on yourself, your values and your family, etc.- spend less time comparing yourself to others.
- Define what is important and determine to live your life accordingly
- Be a good steward with your finances.
- Remember less is more. :)
You may think this is a weird topic to post before the holidays but to me, this is the BEST time to be thinking about this topic. Americans are consumers. We are surrounded my commercials and the latest gizmos and gagets. Some of them, yes, are handy and makes our life easier. But this Christmas I am encouraged to remember the root of true happiness. The reason for our joy should not be stuff. If it is, then maybe you should do some self examination. Ask yourself what are the most important things in your life. Is it equality to all human beings? Social justice? Peace on earth? Please understand that I am not asking you to sell all of your possessions to the poor and live on the street- I am simply asking for a self reflection. What is most important to you? I have been thinking about these things a lot in the past few years. And I would like to blog about these things more in the future. I would love to know your thoughts.... thanks for your time in reading this and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving spending time with your loved ones.