Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Worth Celebrating

This weekend marks one of my favorite times of the entire year for many reasons: the Fourth of July, our anniversary, Landon's birthday are just a few of the reasons I love this first week in July. This weekend I went to our favorite family restaurant, Port au Prince, to get our fill of catfish, fries, family and fellowship. I snapped a few pics of my mom holding Makaylan that I thought were cute.
On the Fourth, we were excited to find out Buie got off work and could join my friends and I on Lake Hamilton. We loaded up our car with our ice chest, towels, food enough for the day and headed to Hot Springs. I grew up going to the lake with my family so I LOVE being on the water! There were 8 of us who rented a party barge and had a great time! That night B & I lit sparkers on our back porch and watched the neighbors's fireworks from our backyard.
The best part about the lake, I thought, was the snow cones that delivered to the boats on the lakes! Genius idea!
Today, the 5th, is our wedding anniversary. We are celebrating being married for 3 glorious years. Our first wedding anniversary we were on vacation with my entire family in Branson for the Fourth. Last year on the 5th, we celebrated the birth of Landon by spending our anniversary at Baptist Hospital. Both ways are excellent ways to celebrate marriage & family, but this year we are being bums and staying in our pajamas all day! ha!

Happy Anniversary, baby!

And Happy Birthday to Landon! We love you so much!

No comments: