Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wish List

About this time every year, I start thinking about birthdays and growing older. Recently I was having dinner with a childhood friend for her birthday. When I said, "Happy 28th birthday!" to her, I realized - Man, 28 sounds old, but then I thought that's okay because I'll always be younger than her. hehe. But then it hit me! - I'll be 27! TWENTY SEVEN! It seriously hit me like a ton of bricks. For some reason, I had been thinking all year long I was 25. Somewhere, somehow, I completely skipped my 26th birthday and not on purpose, although I have heard of people doing that. So as tough as it is to admit this, I'll be 27 next month. Geez, that sounds old. But I am every bit of that 27. I go to bed at 9:30pm. I wear cotton over-sized non flattering pajamas. I take (on average) 37 pills a day. I am old.

So, for my "I am officially old" birthday, here is my wish list:

an Otterbox for my iPhone because in my old age, apparently coordination is the first to go. I have dropped my iPhone about 15 times and it's still kicking. new Toms summer shoes (size 9.5) Aren't they adorable? I'll take one in every color. :)

Now, we all know birthdays aren't about getting presents but it never hurts, right? ;)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love my otter box. Not sure my iPhone would be in once piece still if I didn't have it!

And I love the TOMS. I have been waiting for months for those to come out!