Friday, January 1, 2010

Top 9 in 2009

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year celebrations! I took about a week (or so) vacation from the blogging world but I have missed reading your blogs! It will be fun to read back over the past week to catch up on your lives.

Since it IS New Year's Day, B and I have been trying to think of things we have been blessed to be apart of or an event or just something really cool that happened this past year. Here is our list of the top 9 in '09: (in no particular order)
  • We bought our first house! I still remember the excitement, the nerves (and the annoyance) of signing my name over and over and over and over again on all the many documents and the scary number at the bottom of the paper... but I can honestly say, it was all worth it. We love coming home to our house, kicking off our shoes and especially this winter-in front of our fire place. This is our home and will forever be our first home we purchased together.

  • B and I celebrated our one year anniversary in 2009! We were married July 5th, 2008 in my home church in Louisiana and that day couldn't have been more perfect. We had fireworks as we drove away out of the driveway of my grandparents home where the reception was held. So perfect!

  • Compassion International became a part of our lives this year! We sponsor a little boy named Alexander from Nicaragua. B and I have corresponded with him several times this year and he is such a joy! We are both looking forward to writing and sending, as well as receiving more letters from him...and who knows, maybe one day we will be able to go meet him in person! :)

  • I ran my first race! Albeit, not a huge race, it was still a big accomplishment in my life. Since I live with Fibromyalgia and struggle with chronic fatigue issues and chronic pain, I was proud that I finished my first 5K in March. About a month later, I ran my first 10K! :)

  • Began fostering doggies this year! C.A.R.E. here in Central Arkansas is a great rescue organization that places animals in foster homes until they can find permanent homes. Which brings we too our next one...

  • We adopted Scooter this year! Scooter was our first foster dog from C.A.R.E. that we brought into our home and of course, we couldn't say good-bye so our home became his permanent home in a record four days! What can we say, we are suckers for dogs!

  • Beach Vacation! That's right! You know the beach has to make the list! Anytime we can pack up the swim trunks and head down to Florida, it will always make the list! I try to make it to a sandy beach somewhere at least once a year if at all possible.

  • CB photography had a great year! I am still continuing to work on my photography and I had a lot of great photo shoots this past year. I hope to continue to grow my business in the coming year!

  • And the most recent exciting news of 2009 is that me and B are going to be Uncle Buie and Aunt CB! That's right, my sister-in-law and brother are pregnant! I've known since before Thanksgiving and have tried my best to keep my mouth shut until they made it official at Christmas dinner. We are so excited to have a little niece or nephew come this July 4th. Yup, that's right! The baby is due the day before our anniversary AND on the FOURTH! A little patriotic baby! Can't wait!

No comments: