Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm alive!

Yes, I'm still alive! I haven't been on my blog in forever because I've been a little...err...under the weather I guess you'd say. I have migraines really bad and man did I have a bad one this week! I called in sick and stayed in bed all day long!

Anyway, I'm super excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. Last night I sat down with about 10 Christmas catalogs and went to circling with my trusty sharpie marker. Most of the things I circle never get bought but it's fun to dream, right?

I've been working on Thanksgiving plans and Christmas lists and decorations, etc. I just ordered Scooter, the newest member of our family, a new stocking that matches the other furry children's stockings. I've already bought presents for everyone in MY family - now we're working on Buie's family. I am determined to have all my presents bought by the end of November so I can enjoy December. I hate getting caught up in the holiday rush towards the middle of December. I like to sit back and watch everybody scramble around like idiots and laugh at them all the while thinking, "You should have done your shopping in November like I did!" This has actually never happened and I'm ALWAYS one of those idiots running around like a chicken with its head cut off but there is always the dream of being finished in November, right? Sigh... there is always the dream.

This is one of the items of my "must buy" list. Since we have a mantel this year, Buie and I will hang our stocking on the mantel. We purchased this stocking holder that sits on the ground (they also have a table top one) for the four animal stockings. :) I can't wait to get it in from Ballard Designs and hang the stockings on it!

Buie and I will hang our Pottery Barn stockings on this Fleur de Lis stocking holder from Ballard Designs...one of my favoriate online stores, especially for the holidays.

I just realized I haven't posted pics of our doggies in their Halloween costume! What is wrong with me? I'll have those up soon!

Have a great day, everyone!