Friday, September 30, 2011

Restore and After Wrap Up

I had a such a good time at Restore and After I wanted to share all the fabulous details like these amazing dog houses. I'm pretty sure I placed a bid on every one of them. The dog houses were definitely the popular items tonight. I was in a bidding war with several people to win a dog house. I told a few of my friends that I would NOT leave without a dog house. I specifically had my eye on the top two dog digs.

I thought for sure I had lost the bidding war but I dug down deep in my pocket and bid once more, all the while thinking, "it's for a good cause!" And I drove away with this beauty! Here's me and Cara, the lovely artist of the dog house.
Even though I was stressing about my "mini" project, my wonderful husband helped me finish the legs on this little foot stool.... THIS MORNING. The wood glue was drying on the way to the event. :) Nothing like a last minute project to raise $35 bucks for Habitat for Humanity. Maybe next year I'll try to do something a little more challenging.
I also had a mini table set up for Restore attendees to sign up to win a FREE photo shoot compliments of Cara Beth Photography.

Over all this is a fabulous event for a great cause. If you didn't get the chance to attend this year, be sure to come next year to bid on some great items, meet new people and mingle with local artists!

No comments: