Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our Texas Trip in Instagram Pics

I'm a bit behind in my blogging but I couldn't go into this Labor Day weekend without sharing about my trip to Texas that occurred LAST weekend.

I hoped in the car with my brother, Craig, and sister in law, Nicole, and my cute little nephew, Landon. We drove the 5 or so hours to Keller, Texas to stay with some friends of ours.
We met other family members in Dallas and the ladies spent Friday and Saturday at a women's conference. This was part of my mom and Nicole's mother's day present back in May. We bought them tickets to the Women of Faith conference in Dallas and so of course, we decided to make a family event out of it. My mom enjoyed spending time with her daughter, (me!) and her two daughters in law.
Nicole and her momma. They look like sisters, don't they?
We all loved the conference, the speakers, and especially the music. I am definitely not a singer but one thing I absolutely love is worship music. I find myself craving worship music and I'll pop in my favorite worship CD and drive around blaring some tunes and praising Jesus. I'm sure people think I'm nuts but who cares, right?
me, mom & Nicole
We also loved having MJ and Landon around for entertainment. While they were not at the conference with us, we enjoyed going back to the hotel for some playtime with the kids. The dads did a great job of babysitting the kiddos while the women were at the conference.
We also had a chance for a little playtime ourselves. A few of us went to this place called Top Golf and it's basically a playground for adults. ha! They have a driving range, putt putt, batting cages, baggo, several giant Jenga games and so much more!
We met some of Craig's lifelong guy friends...
who are basically like my brothers.
Had a blast bonding with my cousin Jena, something I don't get to do often enough...
Family time, worship time, golf, putt putt, good eatin' & great shopping - it doesn't get much better than that.

If you are in the Dallas area and are looking for a fun date night or a place for a boys night (or girl's night, for that matter), then you should definitely go to Top Golf. I also heard a rumor Little Rock might be getting one soon! I sure hope so! I'll be first in line!

No comments: