Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Meet Charlie!

Well, if you are a regular reader of our blog, you know about the loss of our dear George & you know about our decision to get a new kitty. After thinking long and hard about the pros & cons of adding another member to our zoo, we found the perfect kitty!
Meet Charlie! Tuesday afternoon of this week we went by Bryant Animal Shelter to check out their kitties. We went just to look to see what they had available. We played with several of their kitties for a while without finding one to adopt. If we could, we would take all of them home, but we knew we could only take home one.
So, as we were heading out the door, we told the guy behind the desk that we were looking for a kitty to adopt but that we didn't want to split up any kitties that were from the same litter. All of the kittens they had were brothers and sisters. We know that it's best to keep at least two from the same litter together if at all possible. We were looking for a kitty that came in alone so that we wouldn't split up a couple. I know that might sound silly but if you saw the little kitties playing together in their kennels, you would understand. It would break my heart to break them up. Even though chances are, they will be split it anyway when they get adopted out, I just didn't want to be the one to do it.
The employee at Bryant Animal Shelter told me they actually had this orange tabby come in earlier that morning and he was by himself. Yay! Our hopes were raised! I thought it was neat that he was orange because I had JUST told Buie earlier that day that I think I wanted a little orange kitty. Growing up I had a orange kitty named Sunshine who I just adored. He was over 20 years old when he passed away a few years ago.
When they brought out this little guy, my heart melted.
We played with him for literally about 2 minutes before we decided he had to be ours. We went home, got our kitty carrier and came back to sign adoption papers.
The name he came with was Phillip but we changed it to Charlie. And after spending a little over a day with this little guy, we think it fits him. He is a little feisty and playful 12 week old kitty. I can't wait to see him grow up but I kind of wish we could keep him this size. He's just so tiny and cute.
We haven't introduced him to his brothers and sister yet but he has settled in to his new room quite nicely (which is the guest bathroom for now). Everytime we go in and check on him he is in a new spot: on the toilet, in the sink, in his bed, on a stack of towels, in the bath tub. He loves exploring!

We love our new kitty and hope he has a long happy life at the Buie house. :)

2 comments:

Julee said...

I LOVE Charlie!! He looks perfect and I am so glad he is getting such a wonderful home at the Buie zoo!

Sharrieboberry said...

Charlie's a great name and he is really cute!