Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two years down!

I can't let another day go by without acknowledging our 2nd anniversary. I couldn't get a blog post up on the actually day because we were welcoming this little guy into the world. I couldn't ask for a better anniversary present from my brother & sister-in-law.

Buie and I are were married, July 5th, 2008, in my hometown in Louisiana. The ceremony was in the chapel at my home church and the reception was at my grandparent's home - which is now where my parents live. Since I was a little girl, I had dreamed of having a wedding/reception at this house. I love this house. It is way more to me than a house - it is where most of my childhood memories were made. My grandmother made this house a home by her home cooking, her gardening and her tremendous amount of love. When she passed away in 2001, my grandfather continue living in that house on his own. They were married over 50 years. I cannot imagine being with someone for that long and to go on living in the same house without them. My grandfather carried on for 7 years after grandmom and missed her everyday. Buie and I were married in July 2008. My grandfather passed away January 2009, just six months later. A little piece of me thinks he held on just to see me get married. ;) He was my dear friend, my role model and I was his "sweet Cara."

On this 2nd anniversary, I am not only reminded of my grandfather's love for me but for his wife, Frances. I am reminded how he always opened doors for her, pulled out chairs for her, always gave her his coat on a cold night. He adored her and she him. I dream of a marriage like this. I pray that our love will grow into something beautiful and last for 50 years like theirs. I can't wait to grow old with this man. Happy Anniversary, Buie!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful post. I love the picture of your Grandmommy and Granddaddy.

diane said...

Great post!