Sunday, February 15, 2009

jumping in ponds

This was a great weekend for the both of us. Friday night we got off work and met Buie's family for dinner at Outback which is always fun. Mrs. Carole brought me and Christina (Buie's brother's long time girlfriend) a roses for Valentine's day. I thought that was super sweet.

I saved up enough room at dinner to eat a "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under," one of their specialty dessert items that is surprisingly gluten free. It is a flour- less brownie with ice cream, chocolate syrup and whipped cream on top. Yum. Me and Buie finished off the whole thing even though they brought spoons for everyone!~ :)

Saturday morning we slept late, even though we both said we weren't going to. We piddled around the house for a while before going to take recycling to our local drop off center. Conner went with us because their is a park nearby. This is where the fun begins. As soon as we walk over to the park from the recycling drop off, Conner spot a group of ducks and some geese. I was in the middle of taking a picture of him eying the birds when he jumps in the water! haha. It was so funny! He was covered in gross water and was freezing the rest of the time in the park...so needless to say, we didn't stay long. But it was worth the time there to see him jump after those ducks!

I took this one about the same time Conner spotted the ducks.


I was taking a picture of Conner when all of the sudden he jumped in the pond. I still can't believe I caught it on camera!

Conner after he jumped in. He's was wet and very very stinky!

We found a duck feather!

Don't worry, I was holding him extra tight! I was afraid he would jump in again! :)

No comments: