Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Eureka Springs or BUST!


This coming weekend the Buies will be headed to Eureka Springs and couldn't be more excited about it! Just from internet surfing, it looks like they have a pretty sweet Mardi Gras celebration. Our original plan was to go to New Orleans this weekend, which I have always wanted to do....but I think I waited to late in life. I'm too old to be stuck in traffic or in the streets with drunk people wallering all over you to enjoy myself. I should have made the trip to New Orleans during Mardi Gras many years ago. We are hoping that by going to Eureka Springs, we can still enjoy Mardi Gras but avoid the extreme craziness that comes along with New Orleans. We'll see if that happens.
We are trying to figure out what to do with our baby, Conner, in the mean time. We want him to go and enjoy the vacay as well but I'm not sure how fun it would be for him. We could take him around the downtown area on a leash but he would have to go back to the hotel room during dinner. :( So, we're still not sure but we need to make a decision soon!

2 comments:

Julee said...

The Chi O formal is Eureka this weekend so you will be seeing a bunch of college kids there too! :) Hope you have a great weekend!

The Doose's said...

Why don't you try downtown dogs? Annie had a blast there, and it is realatively cheap. Plus I can drop in and check on him.