Friday, July 13, 2012

Last week.

Last week and weekend was big for our family. Let's see, to remember it all I'll just go day by day:

Tuesday, July 3rd: Buie & I grilled out with our friends, Alicia & Brian. I didn't take any pictures for some reason but we always have a good time over at their house. We celebrated the 4th the night before because B had to work on the night of the 4th.

Wednesday, July 4th: This has always been my favorite holiday. Even when I was young I remember being in awwe of fireworks and no three colors go better together than RED, WHITE & BLUE. :) Since Buie was working, I celebrated by hitting up the 4th of July sales at all of the local flea markets and antique stores. :)

I found this great vintage needlepoint rug for our guest bathroom. I love it. Conner was too sure about it, though.

Thursday, July 5th: Happy Anniversary to us. We had a lot to do around the house and spent the day doing normal things like laundry and cleaning. We're so exciting, huh? We had decided to drive into Minden the NEXT day instead of on our actual anniversary so we went to a super "fancy" dinner. ha. We had gluten free pizza at US Pizza, then went across the street to a gas station and had gas station icecream. SUPER FANCY! :)

Friday, July 6th: We had the bright idea to get up at 5:30 in the morning and drive to Louisiana (instead of driving the night before). You see we had a doctor's appointment at 10am in Ruston we HAD to make. So, did we make it in time? Why yes we did! After dropping off the dogs in Minden at 9:20ish, we might have sped just a little - but we made it! Buie & I both are seeing the doctor now. Hopefully he'll make us nice and healthy, so we can make nice & healthy babies one day. :) 
Friday afternoon we got to meet our new little niece, Hannah Elizabeth! I snapped a few newborn pics that I'll share later with you.

 Saturday morning was party day. We started out celebrating Landon's second birthday with a Mickey Mouse pool party. Our family ended the day by celebrating mom's 60th with close friends and family.

What a crazy week! I wanted to document it all mainly so I wouldn't forget. I hope y'all had a great 4th of July week!

No comments: