Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the love of a great man.

It's Valentine's Day in the world or at least in the Western world where most of society believes in overindulging in little candied hearts, red balloons and filling up on sugar. I'm not much on the commercialization of holidays (unless I can get crafty with it). Alas, this year I did nothing crafty...unless you consider buying a Hallmark card crafty. Now before you judge me and call me a scrooge, please understand I have no objections to the holiday devoted to love. But honestly, I don't expect my husband to do or act any differently than he does the other 364 days out of the year. If Buie only expressed his love once a year, I don't think he would be the man for me.... and more than that, if Buie expressed his love for me in chocolate candies and overpriced flowers I would feel seriously unloved.
  • I know I am loved every time he calls me at work on his lunch break just to check in with me.
  • I know I am loved when he brings home my favorite magazine from work (he works at a bookstore) just because he was thinking about me.
  • I know I am loved when he takes care of me when I'm sick.
  • I know I am loved with each meal he cooks for me - which is a lot by the way. He does most of the cooking in our house. :)

Yes, I know I am loved. I don't need hearts, flowers, and chocolate...but it SURE doesn't hurt. ;)

Happy Valentine's Day! No matter who you are celebrating this day with, know you are loved. 1 John 4:19 We love because He first loved us.

No comments: