Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Review: Family.

This past weekend went by WAY too fast. My parents were in town, which is always nice. My parents visiting means eating out (free meals), and extra hugs. ;) The eating out part wasn't so good for my diet but the hugs are always welcomed. My parents are I are finally at a point where I can talk to them as adults talking to adults. Yes, they will always be my parents and will always know best but I don't know...it's different now. I like it. And it helps that I've finally moved on beyond that annoying teenager/college/I know more than my parents do stage. Parents are smarter than we give them credit for (most of the time). ;)

Saturday I slept most of the day. I think I was fighting off some sort of sickness. I woke up feeling stopped up and congested so that was my excuse to live on the couch all day. I've been doing a lot of reading about eating raw and clean and detoxing, etc. B and I are starting to eat a lot healthier. That is one of our resolutions to eat more organic foods and eat less preservatives. I'll let you know how it goes!

Saturday night B and I helped babysit our nephew Landon while my brother, Craig, took his wife on a date for her birthday. Here are a few pictures I snapped of little Landon. He is 6 months old now!

And I just couldn't resist snapping this pic. Isn't this face so pitiful? But it was too cute not to snap!

I'm having so much fun being an aunt! I can't wait to meet my niece in May. My oldest brother, Chris, and sister in law, Amanda have finally decided on a name - Makalan Joy

No comments: