Thursday, October 28, 2010

all creatures, great and small...

It comes as no suprise to you, my friends, that we love animals. We have four pets: 2 cats, George and Hazel and 2 dogs, Conner and Scooter. We love them as if they were are own children...well, because they are our only children. We have talked about having human children one day and I hope when the time comes we will be ready for that...if that is God's plan. But until then, we will have furry children. We don't have any plans anytime soon to have more furry children but we dream of having more pets. If we lived in a house that was bigger or even had lots of land, I can't even imagine how many animals we might have. B and I talk of our dream house often... a house in the country with a wrap-around porch with lots of land.
We will have a pond on this land because our dogs will LOVE to go for a swim in this pond. We will have a fourwheeler or two and the dogs will love to go for their morning drive around the property. There will be a front porch swing where B and I will drink sweet tea in the evenings and our dogs will curl up on the front porch... I know it's not the life everyone dreams of, but when I dream of the future, there are lots of dogs involved. A lap dog to curl up with in the winter by the fire. A few outdoor dogs, who, of course, come inside to sleep at night. What about other animals, you ask? Oh there will be plenty of cats, chickens for fresh eggs, of course, maybe even a cute little pop belly pig. If I were to stretch my imagination further I can see a cow or a horse. I have never been a country girl, meaning I have never lived in the country, per se, but have always dreamed of living in the country. And where there is country, there are animals, lots and lots of animals.
Last night we went to PetCo to pick up dog food, cat litter and a new litter box because apparently George has decided the old litter box does not suit him anymore. We lingered in the store, looking at the ferrets, rats, mice, parrots, gerbals, etc. About the time I said I wouldn't mind owning a bird some day, he said in the most serious face ever, "I want a pet owl!" haha. Apparently we will stop at nothing. I said to him, "I'm pretty sure it's illegal to own a owl, baby." B quickly replied, "Well, it's legal if you catch it and no one knows about it!" Don't worry we aren't getting an owl anytime soon... maybe when we live out in the country we'll be lucky enough to have one come visit us from time to time...

No comments: