Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpykins!

No, I did not spell it wrong. In our household, "pumpkins" is pronounced "pump-y-kins." Don't ask me why or how it started. That's just the way it is. As soon as the calendar rolled over to October 1st, I practically BEGGED my husband to meet me at the pumpkin patch for PUMPYKINS! He wasn't as excited as I was but just seeing my excitement put a little smile on his face. I'm like a kid. Just imagine me literally frolicking like an idiot in between the rows of pumpkins all the while yelling, "it's pumpykin time!" I know that everyone there thought my husband had brough along his "special" little sister along with him or something. They were probably like awwe, that's so sweet, they let her out of the institution to go pick out pumpkins. lol. But I didn't care. It was time to get serious. We grabbed a cart and started picking out pumpykins- good carving pumpykins, cinderella pumpykins, and fairytale pumpkins (my favorite) and of course, WHITE pumpykins, my second favorite.
our porch last year
Last year we didn't go over board or anything, we had just the right amount of mums and pumpykins but this year I wanted haybales too! :) So, of course, my sweet husband loaded them up in his truck and then carried them to the front porch as I pointed where I wanted them.
Every year, B and I always carve us each a pumpkin. It's been a fun tradition that I hope to keep up in years to come. :) This year, we even bought a pumpykin carving kit from Williams Sonoma! These are our pumpkins from last year.

I hope y'all are having a great fall and a happy PUMPYKIN season! :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love all your pumpkin pictures! have a good weekend.