Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Kelly, over at Kelly's Korner, did a blog post about the Simple Pleasures in life - the little things in life that just make you smile. Here are just a few of mine.
  • hugging my parents when I haven't seen them in a long time

  • the feeling of accomplishing something really hard or really worth while and marking it off your 'to do' list
  • summer nights sitting outside on the back porch with the ones you love just talking about nothing or not talking at all
  • the feeling of sand in between my toes and the ocean rushing up my ankles for the first time all year!

  • the SOUND and SMELL of the ocean

  • waking up to the sound of children laughing (this happened recently when I was around my little cousins) maybe one day it will happen in my own home. :)

  • seeing my dogs tails start wagging like crazy the minute they hear my voice or see my face

  • a white chocolate mocha with hazelnut from Starbucks and knowing that I got it half off because my husband gets a discount :)

  • the feeling of satisfaction when I turn my computer off Friday afternoon and can go home knowing that I had a good work week

  • finding a great sale on something I REALLY need (and not just WANT)
  • waking up to a husband who loves me more than anything (and visa versa) :) but I won't go into all that mushy stuff


  • stepping on the scale on Saturday morning and seeing a number that is less than it was LAST Saturday morning

  • the feeling I get when I take a really good picture or capture a special moment on camera.

What are some of your Simple Pleasures??

No comments: