Friday, July 19, 2013

Surprise!

Today is my 30th birthday and actually I'm 100% okay with it. I've heard different people saying they had a hard time "dealing with" turning 30 so honestly I was curious about how I'd feel once the day arrived. I knew I wanted to celebrate with close friends and family but that was all I really cared about. Little did I know that my wonderful husband had been planning a wonderful surprise party for months! 


Buie sent out Facebook messages back in April and then worked closely with two of my best friends to iron out all the details. The night went off without a hitch thanks to my husband, Alicia, Melissa, my two brothers and many other of my closest friends who showed up to make my birthday surprise the best ever! 

So B TOLD me we were just going to dinner to celebrate our anniversary that we didn't go out for the weekend before...just the two of us. But when I arrived at the restaurant, there were about 25 of my closest friends waiting on me. I was totally caught of guard, like completely flabbergasted! I kept saying over and over again, "I had NO IDEA!" The fact that it was actually a week before my actual birthday made me even less suspicious. This surprise dinner took place last Friday. 


That was just the first surprise of the night. Buie, along with a few of our close friends, booked rooms in downtown Shreveport. We went out downtown and stayed in Shreveport. It was just a fun night! 


And the fun continues! My best friends that came down from Arkansas stayed through the weekend. We had a big slumber party at our house. It was so fun! We had big plans to do a big meal but kept it simple with frozen pizzas, candy and a movie night for the kiddos and they loved it!


Thanks to everyone who helped make my 30th birthday the best yet!

 Today, on my actual birthday, I enjoyed relaxing at home with Buie and our animals. I'm looking forward to the next 30.

No comments: