Thursday, July 25, 2013

My Current Season of Life.

I saw this quote somewhere recently that talked about embracing the current season of your life and it really stuck with me. I think it's natural for us to always be looking forward to something...I mean, after all, time is always moving forward and it seems to do so faster and faster the older we get. My husband and I have recently made a pretty big life change and it drastically changed our day to day life. Instead of looking ahead to when this phase will be over, I'm learning to embrace it. My husband, affectionately known as Buie, has gone back to graduate school to get his Masters in History in order to one day teach (hopefully at the college level). Depending on how the future goes, he may go on to get his doctorate. The Masters is a two year program and so far he has finished one class with flying colors! We still have a long road ahead of us. He gave up a stressful career in retail management to do a complete 180 and go back to school because it was what we thought was best for our family. History has always been Buie's passion. Also, my photography business has done really well since moving back to my home state! However, we still have not sold our home back in Arkansas which is a HUGE prayer request. We need to get that sucker sold like yesterday!

Recently B & I had the whole life plan talk which is exciting and scary all at the same time considering our life plan has sort of changed so much here in the last 6 months. I mean, we are 30 and almost 36 years old and sometimes I feel like we are starting over! But then it hit me. How many people get to start over in life? We really felt like Louisiana is where God wanted us now. It was Arkansas for a season and we embraced it. I loved my job so much at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention and miss all of my friends in Little Rock. Buie talks about his work friends all the time. We embraced our time there...but our time was up and it was time to move on.

So now we're in this new season of life where I am still building clientele for my business and Buie is a student all over again. Yes, we talk about what the future holds... when we'll have babies, if we'll be horrible parents (ha!), if we'll get another dog (I really want a King Charles Cavalier and an Irish Wolfhound), when are we ever going to take our trip to Scotland and Ireland...

But most importantly, we are embracing the now. We are enjoying the fact that we live in Louisiana. We sit outside on our sunporch and listen to the rain poring down and talk about all the places we want to travel to. It may not be exactly what we had "planned," but I kind of like this season in our life.

No comments: