Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rudi's Gluten Free Tortillas

Last week someone with Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery contacted me and asked me if I would be interested in trying a new product of theirs. Um...let me get this straight. Your going to send me free food that's gluten free and all I have to do is write about it on my blog? Sign me up! Three different flavors of Rudi's Gluten Free tortillas showed up at my doorstep 2 days later and I was eager to try all of them. But I started with the plain flavor. 

Fiesta, Plain and Spinach Flavors
                            

The first thing I noticed was the size of the tortillas. They filled up almost my entire dinner plate. I'm used to eating those really small corn tortillas so the change will be nice. I baked my tortillas in a skillet with some butter for about 30 seconds on each side, just to give it some color and crispiness. Then I filled it with scrambled egg, sausage, shredded cheese, salsa, salt & pepper! It was seriously the best breakfast tortilla I've had since college... well, come to think of it, it's the only one I've had since college that hasn't been on a corn tortilla. 


Do I recommend this product? Definitely! If you have Celiac Disease or a gluten intolerance there is no question that you need this product in your life. Look for these tortillas in your local store's organic section. Our Kroger is starting to carry more and more gluten free products. Even if you don't have to eat gluten free, these are great tortillas for anyone!

I can't wait to try the Fiesta and Spinach flavor next. Head on over the Rudi's Gluten Free Bakery Facebook page. They are doing giveaways through the entire month of August.

No comments: