Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Weekend

This Easter weekend was all about family. My mom and dad drove up from Louisiana to spend some QT time with us. This was the last time they would spend with Craig, Nicole & Landon before Carson gets here! yay! He's due on the 25th of this month. So we soaked up as much Landon time as possible! :)
Friday evening Buie's parents drove up as well from Rison and the whole family had dinner at Maddie's Place. We all shared a plate of Louisiana crawfish and watched Pop teach Landon how to howl like a coyote which was quite entertaining.

Saturday morning I dropped our foster dog JoJo off at CARE for adoption day with my fingers crossed. Each time, JoJo goes to a new home for a trial run or to a adoption day it's bitter sweet. I have high hopes he will one day find the perfect family to take care of him like we do but in my heart I wonder if there is anyone who will really love him as much as I already do. I'm kind of mad at myself for falling in love with this dog. Why oh why do I love animals so much? Well, I picked up JoJo from CARE and no potential owners asked about him. No one wanted more information on him. No one. But I was just as happy to take him back home to me. Sometimes I wonder if this is where he belongs....
Mom and I headed over to Dempseys Bakery to get a couple of Easter treats and grab lunch. They had a gluten free hot dog stand! I was pretty excited actually. It's been about 5 years since I've had a hot dog with a bun on it (which is actually just a wiener). If you're gluten free and live in the Little Rock area, you HAVE to check out Dempseys Bakery. EVERYTHING they make is GLUTEN FREE! EVERYTHING. I only allow myself to go in their every month or two for a treat. It's so tempting just to open up my purse and start dumping things in and screaming "I've been deprived of these things for YEEEEAAARS!!" But I don't. They might call the cops or something. I managed to only eat a hot dog, some chips and two gf cookies and I was stuffed. But man! was it gooood!

Saturday night, we went to a swanky engagement party for one of my dear friends and I'm mad at myself for not taking any pictures because it was at a gorgeous house overlooking the Arkansas river. Oh well. You can just imagine how pretty it was. Sunset over the river. Aaahh. Pretty huh?

Sunday was Easter and I woke up to this: Sweet right? Not only does my husband cook all of my meals for me, he surprises me with Easter baskets filled with my favorite magazines, favorite candy and a new book to read on the beach next week. Oh, and he's all mine, so no, you can't have him! ;)
Monday mom, dad, Landon, Craig and I spent some time downtown and I rode my first trolly but I'll save that for another post... Hope y'all are having a great week!

No comments: