Thursday, March 17, 2011

Working from home

I have officially been working from home for one month now and Cara Beth Photography is in full effect! My day consists of checking emails, doing laundry, vacuuming, facebooking clients, burning CD's for clients, playing with my doggies, doing more laundry, hanging out with my husband, contract graphic design work, editing pictures, and the list goes on... It really has been a new, fun and exciting time in my life.

What I love about working from home:
1. I get to see my husband more often.
2. I get to spend time with my animals: Conner, Scooter, and Hazely Wazley (aka Hazel). :) I think they like having me around.
3. I use every last drop of the 57 dollars we pay for internet each month.
4. I get way more accomplished around the house because I can multi-task. I can be doing laundry while I'm editing pictures.

What I don't love about working from home:
1. Getting Distracted. It is so easy to get distracted from actually working on business things and start doing things like reorganizing my closet. Opps! :)
2. Sometimes I miss real people interaction. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing my husband everyday and we are definitely spending more time together but sometimes I go for days at a time and the only other person I have seen is the guy at the post office.
3. Now that I'm actually home I realize all the things that I didn't do around the house when I was at the office all day.

Oh, and remember when I was trying to give up coffee? Well, that has gone straight out the window. It's time to go put another pot on right about now. :)

No comments: