Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vegas Baby!

This post is all about Vegas BABY! That's right, the Buie's took a little trip to Las Vegas this week. Some friends of ours invited us a few months ago and we've been looking forward to a little vacation time ever since. Their were six of us who went, three couples.
me and Buie
Jessica and Alan
Susan and Brad
We really didn't have much of an agenda these few days: we walked around the strip, saw the sights, ate yummy food and even tried our hand at a little gambling... I mean, we were in Vegas, why not, right?

My favorite spot I found in the city was the Bellagio Hotel Lobby. Besides their fountains, the hotel is also known for their tremendous flower display in the lobby. They change it out every season with fresh live flowers! Of course, this week had an enormous amount of Spring flowers, including a few of my favorite:


Tulips

Ranunculous
a huge portrait made entirely out of fresh flowers. So neat!
One of the best places we ate was Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. A.MAZ.ING. I highly recommend eating there if you go to the city.
Our last night there we saw Cirque Du Soleil, Mystere, and was so glad we did. The flexibility and strength of those people is unbelievable. Definitely a show worth going to! This is a pic I snapped of the big creepy snail with my iPhone. CREEPY!

Overall, we had a GREAT time! This was our first time in Vegas. I can't say that I just want to RUSH back there anytime soon. I prefer less people, less gambling, and less smoking everywhere, but it was a fun experience! :) I think our next trip should be to the beach on a deserted island.

1 comment:

Audreya said...

The Bellagio and Mystere are two of my favorite things in Vegas, too! And M&M World. :-) I'm like you - Vegas is fun but in a crowded, hectic way. Not that I would turn down another trip there, but, you know...

Glad you had fun!