Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Mardi Gras!

Anything that gives me an excuse to celebrate my heritage makes me happy! Being from Louisiana, I am excited about Mardi Gras because it's not only a good reason to break out the purple, gold and green beads, but it also begins the Easter season and the beginning of Spring!Today is Fat Tuesday so I hope you are enjoying today and eating whatever you want, including plenty of King Cake! I ordered a gluten free king cake several weeks ago from Truly Free Bakery Online and I have been enjoying it now for several days, eating it for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks and for dessert. There are exactly two pieces left for tonight, one for me and one for B. For church Sunday, I made a big pot of red beans and rice and we have some left over, so tonight we will be having some andouille sausage, red beans and rice and king cake!

Les se le bon temps roule! (Let the good times roll, for those of you not from Louisiana!) ;)

No comments: