Tuesday, May 11, 2010

April Tornados Bring Baby Showers...or something like that...

The past two weeks have been crazy at the Buie household. From dodging tornados to painting extra rooms and planning baby showers there is never a dull moment. This past weekend was no exception, especially since it was a holiday - Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers out there or soon to be Mothers. It seems that everyone is pregnant right now doesn't it? I currently have about four close friends that are expecting and know of about five or six other people that are "friends of friends" that are due sometime soon as well. Something's in the water! :)
On Saturday morning, me and my friend, Alicia, threw a baby shower for my sister in law, Nicole, who is due with the first baby in the family - Landon Andrew Walker - on July 4th. We are soooo excited I can hardly stand it! We thought it was appropriate to throw the shower on Mother's Day weekend since this is Nicole's first Mother's Day AND both of our mothers (Landon's grandmothers) were able to come up for the shower. My family are HUGE Dallas Cowboy fans and Craig, my brother, wanted a Dallas Cowboy themed nursery if the baby was a boy. Well, Nicole has taken his request and made the nursery the cutest Dallas Cowboy themed nursery possible. It is straight out of a Pottery Barn catalog with just a few Dallas themed accents like this cute frame designed by Christen Byrd. Check out her work over at BabyByrds.
I can't wait til I can fill this blog with pictures of little babies! :)

1 comment:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Oh how fun! :) I know what you mean about something being in the water. It seems like all of our friends are either pregnant right now or just had babies. It is such a fun time!