Monday, August 24, 2009

Gluten Free Heaven

Good Morning!

My husband and I are trying to watch our weight recently. I have lost six pounds in the last two weeks, I might add! yay! We give ourselves one free day a week to eat yummy snacks, but during the week we eat a strict diet of grilled meats, veggies, fruits, nuts, etc. Yesterday was our free day and yes, we pigged out! We are back on it today! I had fruit and nuts this morning with a harty protein shake, but I can't stop thinking about these gluten free brownies that I made last week!

As many you know, I have Celiac Disease, which means I can't eat any gluten. When Betty Crocker came out with these gluten free baking mixes, I was soooo excited! I ran to the store immediately and picked up some. Let me just tell you, they are yummy! I tried the brownies first and I shared with my husband- he couldn't tell a difference between gluten free ones and real ones!

If you are gluten intolerant or even if you're in the mood for a yummy treat, head over to your local store (I found mine at Kroger) and buy a package of these mixes! You'll be glad you did!

If you want to "mix" it up a bit, then go to Betty Crocker's gluten free page. There you'll find all sorts of recipes using these mixes! I can't wait to try the gluten free cookie-brownie bars! I mean, what could be better than cookies and brownies at the SAME TIME!


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

YEA for losing 6 lbs. That's great! Keep it up!

bluehydrangea said...

I had no idea Betty made Gluten free products..fabulous!!

Lorie said...

Those look yummy! And congrats on the 6 lbs!!