Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gluten Free cakes... at STARBUCKS?


I'm a big fan of Starbucks coffees, cappachinos, mochas, etc. My favorite thing to order is a grande low fat white chocolate mocha with sugar free hazelnut, hold the whip. Yes, I know it's a mouth full but it gets the job done. And on days when I feel like splurging a bit, I order a venti. The whole Starbucks experience is always wonderful. I just love the feeling of holding a warm yummy drink in my hand, especially when it's a little rainy and blah outside. It always lifts my mood. The thing I hate is when the barrista asks me if I would like a blueberry muffin or coffee cake to go with it. Well, OF COURSE I WOULD! I would love to taste the warm sugar and cinnamon flavor of the fluffy goodness, but unfortunately I haven't tasted bread in two and a half years now since I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease. And I am most certainly not going to find anything in STarbucks that is even remotely close to being gluten free... UNTIL NOW!

Yes, that's right, people. Starbucks listened to its customers and finally now has a gluten free Valencia cake. I have no idea what a Valencia cake is but just because it's made at Starbucks, it MUST be delicious...and I'm on my way to get one right now!

No comments: