Monday, August 17, 2009

New Addition!

So this is about a week over due but with very good reason. I have another mouth to feed in the Buie household. No, I didn't pop out a child in the last week but we DID adopt another dog!

If you all will remember our first dog, Conner... and how much we love and adore him... you could probably tell from the many blog posts about him. :)
Well, now Conner has a buddy- MEET SCOOTER!

Scooter is a Border Collie/Lab Mix. He is a rescue dog from C.A.R.E. He was originally our first foster dog but he was just adorable to let go. We have officially adopted him into the Buie clan!

So, let's review:

I got Hazel from the Pulaski County Humane Society about four years ago. Buie and I had just started dating but I can honestly say that he had nothing to do with the decision to adopt Hazel but he immediately fell in love with her.

George was given to me from a friend who found a litter of kittens in the woods of Louisiana. Again, this was my own doing, but Buie again fell in love with George and his pink nose. I took this picture the day I took George home. Conner was adopted after his family didn't want him anymore. How could you not WANT this face? Buie warned me that having a dog would be TOTALLY different than cats... He was right! I once was a cat person, but I have converted! While I love my cats, nothing compares to the love and loyalty of owning a dog. And now...we have Scooter! We definitely have expanded our family from 0 to 4 animals in four years! We are averaging about one a year. But I'm pretty sure we are done for a while. Of course, I said that about a year and a half ago when we adopted Conner. We shall see! I hope you enjoyed a little history of our family. Until we have our own children, you have to understand... these are our children in a way. We love them dearly and I'm glad to share them with you!

2 comments:

Blissfully Enamored said...

i am so glad that you kept him!!! i knew you wouldnt be able to let go of your first pup!!! yay for scooter!!!!!! he is super cute!

Julee said...

Sweet post and I totally understand the feeling that they are your like your children! Matt says all the time that Romeo is our first child! HA! I am so glad Scooter has found such a wonderful home! What a lucky dog!