Wednesday, May 27, 2009

House Party

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, so what better time to invite over our friends and fire up the grill! We had the best time hanging out with new friends and old. Even though I stressed that this was NOT a house WARMING but rather just a house PARTY, we still were lavished with gifts. I even specifically told them NOT to! Two of my best girls got us the gorgeous drink dispenser from Dillards! We also received a silk topiary that looks great on our coffee table. You can see it in the picture below. My college roommate gave us a wonderful smelling "Circle E" brand candle and at the perfect time, too. I burned my "Illume" candle down to the bottom this weekend. We have the greatest friends- and not just because they bring gifts. :)

Everyone showed up around 6 and we ate soon after. Buie grilled burgers, asparagus and corn. I took care of the waffle fries, drinks, baked beans, and dessert! All in all we were stuffed at the end of the night!

It has become sort of a tradition to take a girls picture to remember the occasion. This is probably because we like looking back and remembering what we wore and who all was there... and well, guys HATE being IN pictures for the most part...so we make them TAKE the pictures. :) So here is the better half of everyone who was at our first house party.

Here are a few more pictures from the night!



My friend Melissa and I - She's getting married in November! So excited for her and David.

Lucy was the entertainment, as always! She's too cute!

my college roommate, Becca, and her British boy! I could have listened to his accent all night!

me and Ethan! I can't believe he's FOUR years old now!

me and baby Olive

3 comments:

Julee said...

Wish we could have been there! Looks like y'all had a great time!
I almost puked thinking about Romeo eating a skunk! Kota did that not to long ago and my parents like to never got that smell off of him! YUCK!

Blissfully Enamored said...

can we go into business NOW? i am so ready.....ugh!!

the weekend pics are so cute!!! congrats on the fun house party!!!

Blissfully Enamored said...

dang it!

www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com