Thursday, January 2, 2014

Project House:: 2014

Well, here's the obligatory New Year's - how is this year going to be better than last year - post. My resolutions are probably no different than anyone else's: lose weight, be more organized, yada yada yada... but I do have several big house projects than have been hanging over my head for the last (ashamed to say it) ELEVEN MONTHS!

Remember those lovely before pictures I posted months ago?
It's SO nice to look back and have a sense of accomplishment knowing that none of these rooms look like this anymore. I actually left off a few rooms. So in the sense of being complete, I will finish showing y'all the before pictures and then throughout the next few weeks, months (or however long it takes me - I really have no plan!) I'll start showing y'all the AFTER pictures of our home. It has been so fun to take each room and decorate it according to our style knowing that we aren't leaving here for a long time. 

2013 was a year for our new-to-us house. This home was actually built about 20 years ago but sadly was not maintained properly. As soon as we moved in we knew we had our work cut out for us. With the help of trained professionals we were able to accomplish these - along with many smaller - home projects:
our new fence going up
  • build a privacy fence
  • paint interior walls and trim
  • re-screen sunporch
  • hang a front porch swing
  • update lighting fixture in 2 bathrooms
  • replace old mailbox
  • landscape our front yard

And as any home owner knows, your work is never done. As far as resolutions go, the house is a big one: finish all house projects, including but not limited to:
  • organize the garage
  • organize my home office
  • landscape the back yard
  • spruce up the sunroom
  • renovate our kitchen (not sure if this will happen in 2014 or 2015 - we shall see!)
The day I can park in our garage again will be a day worth celebrating! What resolutions are you making this year?


No comments: