Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It Just Keeps Getting Better...

Happy 2014!! I'm slow going this morning after a late night of partying...oh wait, that's completely false. Buie and I literally watched reruns of our favorite tv shows in our pjs all night, popping cold pills every 3 to 4 hours. I sporadically ran outside to catch a glimpse of our neighbor's firework display, Lady started barking every time she heard the noises outside - so basically ALL NIGHT LONG - and Scooter whined incessantly like a big baby. At midnight we went outside all wrapped in a blanket and watched their grand finale and made a few resolutions for the New Year. In it's own sad sickly way it was romantic. ha! There's no one I would rather be feeling blah with on New Year's than my sweet husband and all my silly animals.

Today we are taking it easy, drinking coffee in bed, watching the Rose Parade and Bowl games and thinking about the possibilities for 2014.

Looking back at 2013, it was both exciting and scary. If there is one word to describe last year it would definitely be CHANGE. After leaving his job of six years, Buie, along with our zoo and myself, packed up and moved to another state. The move itself was so hard leaving behind so many friends, beloved co-workers and wonderful neighbors. B started graduate school in May at a brand new school as a non-traditional student. With the added responsibilities of schoolwork, tests, reading and endless papers, we decided that instead of Buie getting a job and being in school that I would support us while he finishes up graduate school. I'm so thankful for my growing photography business. Leaving all of my wonderful clients in Arkansas was so hard but at the same time I am so blessed for settling so close to my home town where so many people know me and my family.

2013 also brought us two more lovely pets to add to our zoo. When we moved into our home we found our little Lannie Cat waiting for us. Then later in early September, we brought home Lady to complete our crazy zoo and bring our number to an even 6: 3 cats and 3 dogs. Some change is good, especially when it comes with 4 furry legs and a wagging tail.

Sometimes change is hard...well, USUALLY it is hard, but I know that the end result will be worth all of the sacrifices we have made. This year we decided to not go on our planned vacation, to put off having kids a little bit longer and I also opted to not go to Nicaragua this year. All of these were hard decisions but were all made for the benefit of our future. We are so looking forward to a healthy, happy 2014. Whether this past year was a great one or a tremendously hard one, I hope and pray that 2014 brings awesome things for all of you! Happy New Year!

No comments: