Friday, January 6, 2012

A Look Back...

It's January 6th and I haven't done the cliche "new year's" post or "my resolutions" post. Gasp. What kind of blogger am I? Well, first of all, I have never claimed to be a "blogger" by any standards other than I have a blog. I think that is evident by the amount of grammatical errors that are on here that I neglect to correct out of sheer laziness (or just sheer ignorance). I like to think of it more like an online journal. I DO, however, enjoy closing out a year by taking a look back at the highlights of the last 12 months.

  • My "retirement party" at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention. I worked there for five years and they gave me a great send off when I left in February to go full time into photography. Check me out over at Cara Beth Photography.
  • a fun couples trip to Vegas! This was a first trip to Vegas and enjoyed the change of scenery from the natural state to the bright lights and big city. :)
  • We welcomed our niece Makaylan Joy Walker into the world last April and what a JOY she is.
  • B and I took a little road trip to New Orleans for a birthday/anniversary trip. This was B's first time in the French Quarter and he loved it! We can't wait to go back to one of my favorite cities!
  • The Buies welcomed another into our crazy little zoo:: Charlie, our crazy little fireball of a kitty.
  • We found out that BOTH of my sister in laws are expecting AT THE SAME TIME! yay! Nicole and Craig are due in April (with a boy) and Chris and Amanda are due in July (don't know the sex yet). Yay for more babies! Being an aunt is seriously one of the greatest joys in my life.
  • I traveled to Nicaragua for a wonderful mission trip this past December. What a great way to end a great year!
Here's to another wonderful year in 2012!

No comments: