Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Review & a Recipe

This past weekend was simply grand. Friday night I snuggled on the couch with my B and watch endless episodes of our favorite, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." - Haven't seen it? You should! Funny show! Hil-ar-ious! Saturday morning I had some last minute company come see me, which meant last minute cleaning FRENZY! It was my aunt & uncle from Louisiana. They got the grand tour of the Buie Estate (ha!) and then they took me to lunch. The rest of my Saturday was filled with cleaning and preparing for more company later than evening. Six of our dear friends came over Saturday night to grill out, eat and hang out. We had the best time! We are lovin' this Spring weather and hope to grill out more often! I am truly blessed with the greatest friends here in Arkansas.
Saturday night I made a strawberry trifle that everyone seemed to love and I thought I would share it with my blogger friends as well, so here goes. This is my sister-in-law's recipe - I must give credit where credit is due. :)

image found here


Strawberry Trifle:

1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
1 1/2 cups water
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1 angelfood cake (I use a gluten free yellow cake mix)
1 container Cool Whip, thawed (I use fat free)
2 quarts stawberries, sliced (or other fruit/berries of choice)

Mix milk & water, add pudding mix & blend well, refrigerate for about 5 minutes
Fold cool whip into pudding mixture
In large bowl (or trifle bowl), layber crumbled cake, pudding mixture, then fruit. Repeat layers. Serve immediately or stick in fridge until ready to serve.

**If you like banana pudding you can also substitute the cake for nilla wafers and the strawberries for bananas. Make it your own!

YUM! You'll be addicted!

Hope y'all are having a great week!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yum! I can't wait to make the trifle!