Sunday, December 7, 2008

I got tagged

Julee tagged me with some holiday questions so here goes.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

I love a good cup of hot chocolate and I've never had egg nog either actually.


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Growing up Santa used to leave all the presents unwrapped but now all presents are wrapped nicely under the tree.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
White lights usually

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No not yet but I may have to go get some for our first Christmas together and start a new tradition!

5. When do you put your decorations up?
This is the first year I've put up my own tree that wasn't just a table top tree and I put it up before Thanksgiving so I was proud that I got it up so soon. Usually I'm not one to push Christmas but Thanksgiving came so late that I wanted my tree up for as long as possible. :)


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Probably sweet potato casserole made with (gluten free) yellow cake mix. It's not an actual dessert dish but it might as well be because it is so sweet. It's so good!!!


7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
We used to alternate lining up by age to see what Santa brought. There was a door separating our bedrooms and the living rooms and we would have to wait until everyone was ready before we entered the living room. One year we would go youngest to oldest and the next year we would go oldest to youngest. Craig, the middle child would obviously go in the middle every year so it didn't matter to him. :) But my oldest brother, Chris, used to always mess with me and say it was his turn to go first. Being the youngest I was always picked on by my older brothers but I loved every minute of it. My mom always had to film us opening our presents and I love going back and watching our expressions! :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I just kind of figured it out from kids at school, but still remember the conversation I had with my mom about it. We were driving to Shreveport and I told her I knew who Santa was...it was her and dad... She said i was right. :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes, Dad reads the Christmas story from Luke then we usually hang out as a family for a while and everyone opens one present Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your tree?
This year I'm doing a vintage theme because my MeMe (my mom's mom) gave me a lot of her ornaments and I also got some of my dad's mom ornaments that are handmade. All of my decorations are handed down from my great grandmother, my grandmothers and my mom. I love how my decorations are not only vintage which is in style now but they are sentimental and are a part of my heritage.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I love snow! I have to make a snow angel every time I see snow which is not very often.

12. Can you ice skate?
Well, I've only done it like twice and I sprained my ankle both times so I think I'm cursed!!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
A couple of years ago I got an hp laptop that I am still enjoying.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Hanging out with family and making memories. This year Buie and I are going to start a new tradition of helping out a family in need. Hopefully it will be a tradition we can continue doing for years to come.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Hmmm... I'm not really a big fan of pies and I'm allergic to most desserts but I like any kind of gluten free cookies. :)


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I would say the reading the Christmas story out of Luke. It is very important to our family to remember the real reason for Christmas. This is a tradition I want to keep on doing with mine and Buie's family.

17. What tops your Christmas tree?
A white metal star

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I love shopping for other people! It's so much fun getting something for someone that you KNOW they will love!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
I love Michael Buble's Christmas CD! I've got it playing right now!

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck?
Yum!

21. What do you want for Christmas?
I really want the Martha Stewart School for Cooking Cookbook.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
Well, last night I helped to host a Tacky Christmas party that was really a lot of fun and we might just have to make it an annual event! Everyone wore tacky Christmas sweaters and we played a dirty Santa game.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?
Christmas morning I usually wear my PJs.

24. Do you own a Santa hat?
Of course! And so does our dog, Conner

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?
This Christmas will be a lot different because it's our first Christmas as a married couple. I'm excited to say that I'll be at my in-laws house for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning this year. So I'll be waking up there Christmas morning! We plan to switch out every other year.

I tag Angie and Jessica

No comments: