Friday, November 28, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving

Well, our first thanksgiving has come and gone. My pants are a little more snug, but we had a good time hanging out with family. This first year we went to Louisiana and ate Thanksgiving meal with my family. We had gluten free turkey and cornbread dressing, sweet potato casserole made with gluten free yellow cake mix that is too DIE for! And mom made her amazing gluten free dressing. Over the last two Thanksgivings, my mom and my sister in law have perfected the art of cooking gluten free for the holidays and my belly thanks them. I contributed an easy dish: green beans with brown sugar and bacon! Yummy!

Since Buie works retail, he drove back for "Black Friday" and I stayed through Saturday and rode back with my brother and sister in law. I LOVE that they live in Maumelle now! It was weird being without him for a few days but it was good hanging out with my family. We went to my highschool's state championship football game where my oldest brother is a coach. They ended up losing but we were proud of their team.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend:


in the car of the way to Louisiana for our first Thanksgiving together!

Of course we brought Conner, too!


Our new Family pic - Buie is in it this year! :)

My best friend, Lauren, her husband, Wayne and their son, Trey

Trey West - he's so strong! ;)


our little family - minus the cats (they don't do road trips)


Craig, my brother, and Buie, about to dig in
Hope everyone had a great holiday with family and friends! I'll post our Christmas tree pics soon!

No comments: