Monday, November 17, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like MARRIAGE!

This past weekend we took the next big step after saying our "I Do's" .... setting up a JOINT CHECKING ACCOUNT! AAAHHH! That's right after 4 months of procrastinating the joint account is finally set up. We have ordered checks that say Mr. Brent Buie or Mrs. Cara Beth Buie. It's so weird but exciting all at the same time. I got my driver's license changed about a month ago right before I went to vote. It now says Cara Beth Buie....also exciting...but weird. Before the wedding, I was having a hard time with letting go of my maiden name. That had been my name for 25 years and in a way, it felt like I was giving up my family. It made me sad almost to think about NOT being a "Walker" anymore. But now after being married for a few short months, I am excited to announce myself as Mrs. Buie. Yes, it still feels strange but I am looking forward to starting our own family. We all know that this can't happen without money. So here's to saving money to start a family during one of the toughest economic time in history. No one said marriage would be easy but they didn't say it couldn't be fun. :)

Here is a recent pic of us that I particularly like:



No comments: