Monday, July 21, 2008

Married Life

So far so good. We've been married a little over 2 weeks and my only complaint is that I don't get to see him enough. Buie works as a manager at a large chain book store in Little Rock and his hours don't allow a lot of flexibility. Sometimes he works the closing shift 4 pm until midnight. I work everyday from 8 am until 5 pm which means on days that he closes, I don't get to see him except for when I crawl out of bed at 6 am and when HE crawls into bed at 1 am. Therefore, my only complaint of marriage so far is that due to crazy schedules and our hectic lives we don't see each other enough. Cancun spoiled us. For a week, we were literally together 24/7 for 7 days. It was nice.

Now for the fun part. I have to figure out how to get my name changed in the state of Arkansas. Any ideas of where to start?

To do:
change my name
get a new Social Security card with my new name
get a new license with my new name
put my new name on our joint account
change my direct deposit paycheck into our joint account

Who knew marriage was so much trouble? ;)

FINALLY get a new license plate on my car that says ARKANSAS instead of LOUISIANA.
get a new LSU decal so that people are not confused as to where my loyalty lies.

These last two don't have anything to do with marriage but I've been living in Arkansas for over three years now (7 years if you count college) and I still have LOUISIANA plates. It's hard to say goodbye to a great state... but Arkansas is officially home now.


Rollin' with the Bolins said...

It may be different for Arkansas but this is what I had to do...
First, get your new plates, then get your name changed at the social security office, then after you get the new card in the mail, take it up to the DMV and get your new license. The best day to go to government offices is on Tuesdays and Wednesday...less crowds on those days. Good Luck! PS Take cash! most offices don't take credit.

Holloway Family said...

hey go and get your social security papers from the county clerks office. They will be able to give them to you. Get about 10 copies of your marriage license with the state seal on it and that will help a bunch. The DMV will have to see that to change your license.

Lara said...

I'm so happy to hear that y'all are doing so well! Good luck on your To Do list.