Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Let's catch up, shall we?

Hi, friends, It's been a while, has it not? I keep thinking I should update this little blog of ours and then life takes over. Photo sessions, dinners, family functions, ballgames and well, just life in general all take priority...but the one thing I love about this blog is how it helps me to remember the little things about life. So I am, once again, going to do my best to blog regularly, at least just for our little family so I can look back one day and remember all of the little things in life that are worth remembering.

Here's what has been going on in the past few days..weeks...months:

My life pretty much consists of this:

bunnies.
cleaning up bunny poop.
dog and cat hair.
feeding the herd. 
drinking coffee. 
editing pictures. 
taking pictures. 
thinking about taking pictures.
trying to make some new friends in Ruston. :)
lately, watching the Gilmore Girls. 
texting my husband to buy more bunny, dog or cat food.
cheering on the Bulldogs. Go DAWGS! 
oh, and I did get to travel to some pretty cool places in the last month.




Bunnies...oh, the bunnies. My lovely husband had a moment of weakness after we shot our Easter mini sessions at our home this past Spring. We 'rented' the rabbits and thoroughly enjoyed playing with them. We used them for our sessions with the children but when it was time to take them back to their owner, we just couldn't do it. So we "rescued" them to give them a better life. We wanted them to have more of a life than just sitting in a cage all...and for the most part, they do...but in short, they have taken over our lives. This summer was basically spent trying to figure out their housing situation...building hutches, building ramps, building fences...expensive fences. Bunnies are a lot of work if you are taking care of them properly...and I'm still not convinced we are. ha. While we are doing are best, I'm not sure that bunnies and dogs can cohabitate. This summer, we experienced what rabbit pregnancy, nesting and birthing was like. There were two litters born to one of our rabbits, Tiana (named by my nieces). One litter was born on Memorial Day weekend with only one rabbit, Nadia. The other litter born in late July with SEVEN rabbits...and I'm pretty sure she's pregnant yet AGAIN. We literally can not keep the male and female rabbits a part. So we're taking care of that problem this week and getting Mr. Bun Bun neutered this week. We have definitely learned a lot about bunnies in the last 6 to 8 months. They are snuggly and really do make good pets if you have the time, resources and probably no dogs. We won't get rid of the rabbits we have now because I've grown attached and have provided them a great home, but I doubt I'll purposefully go out and get anymore anytime soon. In the meantime, anyone want a baby bunny? :) No, seriously. I'm pretty sure we will be having more pretty soon and I'm writing this in stone. WE WILL NOT BE KEEPING ANY MORE RABBITS. Although, they are pretty darn cute, are they not? :)

Tiana, the momma

When I'm not cleaning out bunny cages, feeding dogs or cats, you can find me in my little home office editing pictures. Being a full time photographer here in Ruston, I spend a lot of time in my home office. I shoot about 2 to 3 days a week and edit 4 to 5 days a week. At least one of those days, I edit in bed with a bag of popcorn, watching my latest obsession. The past few weeks it's been Gilmore Girls. I TRY to take a day off every week or at least a half day off, but most of the time it ends up being an hour off here and there. But I don't complain because I have a flexible schedule that allows me to do that and I'm working my dream job currently. I am able to get up and go throw a load of laundry on or check on my dogs every hour or so, or even go for a walk as the sun in setting. I know that I am lucky and I don't, for a second, take that for granted. 

Lately, it's just me and Harry hanging out in my office. Harold is my new office kitty that we recently adopted from one of my best friends. He usually sits right in front of me while I edit to try his best to prevent me from editing so I'll pet him instead. Most days, if the weather is nice, I'll open my office door, which leads to outside, and he sunbathes. 
Sir Harold aka Harry
My husband, Buie, has a home office as well, but it's on the complete opposite side of the house so we really don't disturb each other too much. He is still in graduate school and, for the most part, loving most of his classes. He is not working in the traditional since because he is working with ME! :) He really is a great photographer, and he has surprised me with his talent. All of the weddings I have shot this year, he has been right beside me, second shooting for me. I'm definitely a proud wife. He is also my errand boy but what husband isn't, am I right? ;)

Fall is in full swing in Louisiana which means there is barely a chill in the air and if you look really hard you might see some pretty colored leaves but probably not. If I sound bitter, it's only because I spent 10 days traveling to the Pacific Northwest then a week in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. October was an absolutely amazing time of traveling, but I'll save that for another blog post. There is way too much to tell for this post. I must get back to editing. 

See you soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your life, sweet girl! Thanks for sharing!