Thursday, September 4, 2014

Saying Good-Bye to MeMe

Hey remember me?! I used to write on this blog once a week or so until I apparently fell off the face of the Earth. No worries, though! I'm still here. Wondering where I've been? A lot has been going on in our little world over here...and I do mean A LOT.

My sweet and precious MeMe passed away about 3 weeks ago. She was a wonderful lady with a quiet personality. She used to call me quite a bit and we'd chat late at night. MeMe was faithful to write me notes while I was away at camp and then when I moved off to college. She would always tell me to "be careful." She was definitely a worrier but she would always tell us it was because she loved us to much.

The hardest part for me was seeing what my mom went through. MeMe fell and broke her back several months ago and since then her health rapidly declined. She went from living at an assisted living, to the hospital, to being on Hospice. My mom was with her every step of the way. The last two months of MeMe's life, my mom was literally beside her bed everyday until her last breath. I admire the way my mom took care of her mother and I only hope that I can do the same for her one day.  It is always hard to lose anyone you are close to, but having someone pass that is elderly and suffering is almost, in a way, a relief. I know that she and my granddad, Pop, are hanging out having a grand ol' time.


As weird as it may sound, one of the joys of funerals is catching up with family. I am super blessed with amazing cousins on both sides! We all had fun catching up and sharing stories of MeMe of when we were younger. You will be missed, MeMe, but your legacy lives on!

MeMe's life verse: Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

No comments: