Monday, September 21, 2009

All-Natural

If you know me at all then you know that I am all for ALL-NATURAL anything! Over the past few years I have been trying hard to make my life more and more natural. Things such as eliminating preservatives and additives from my diet, recycling, using a reusable water bottle instead of plastic ones, and using organic cosmetics are just a few natural/green solutions I have added into my normal life.

However, I am always looking for additional ways to make my life even more natural. There are so many "green living" tips everywhere on the internet today! I spend many nights just searching and dreaming of all the ways to be green. (A few of my favorite websites include: Green Home , Green Living, Tree Hugger) My husband works at a large bookstore and often brings home to latest issues of green home living magazines and I just drool at the latest rainbarrel or composter!
Recently, I came across this article, "How to clean your hair without shampoo," and it intriged me so that I am seriously considering not shampooing my hair! Now, before you close out of this immediately, please read the article.

This article explains how to clean your hair using naturally occuring substances such as baking soda and vinegar and still get great looking results! If you're interested in this at all, you should try it with me! Let me know if you do it and we can compare results! :)

Because of this article, along with many others, I have been inspired to feature many more GREEN ideas on my blog. It is my goal to have a completely all-natural home one day! It will be a long journey to get there but I can't wait to get started!

One of my goals this year is to make my very own composter. Find out how here!

Want to go Green at your own home? Here are a few Green Articles to help you get started:
40 Ways to Go Greener at Home
Small Steps to Green Living
10 Ways to Go Green TODAY
A Frugal Family is a Greener Family
50 Ways to Help
100 Ideas for your Green Family
And lots more great articles!

3 comments:

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

HI Cara-Beth!!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and following me! I thought of something that you might like...hope on over to www.teamearth.com and check it out!
Hope your day is great!
Beth

Angie said...

So if you wash your hair with vinegar, no matter how great your hair looks, won't you still smell like a pickle??

Stella & Dot Independent Stylist MiMi said...

Just stumbled on your blog! I've used the vinegar combo before and it works great. I highly recommend it :-).